Tuesday 20 September 2011

Brews & Bites!

Every wondered what is it with coffee and conversations? How everything you wanted to say or do materializes over a cuppa coffee? Sometimes it feels as if its like drinking a magic potion which suddenly results is people talking about everything like troubles, apprehensions, aspirations and also their dreams.  


Coffee conversations are also know to heal broken hearts or to talk about that one special person you've recently set your eyes on.


The truth is I'm not far behind. I too believe the best of conversations are the ones had over a cup of hot latte(which is my favourite) with that yummy chocolate chip cupcake that I normally opt for.

People have all sorts of friends, short term friends, long term friends, BBFs, party friends and so on. All reserved for certain occasions. Well, I have a 'coffee-muffin friend' who I sometimes fondly call the 'cupcake babe!' She is one of my closest friends and we've been friends for so long that I can't even remember. Our weekends are incomplete without a cup of coffee and our favourite cupcake. They are our conversation buddies. Once we have them in place and we are settle at one of our favourite tables, what follows hence are a series of discussions on varied topics ranging from careers, relationships, changing trends with respect to the living, fashions and so on. Irrespective of the topic we discuss whether good or bad, when its time to leave I'm left with a sense of accomplishment. The confusion which is normally present, suddenly disappears. Likewise if there is something I've been meaning to pursue, I'm encouraged to do so.




In recent times a lot of love stories have flourished over a cup coffee with people preferring to meet their partners at their favourite coffee shop as against meeting them at home with their respective parents.


I believe Cafe Coffee Day has it rightly put up, "A lot can happen over a cup of coffee." Believe me a lot does happen over a cup of coffee!


I'm now off to grab my latte, what are you guys waiting for?

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! But what about us non-coffee drinkers? ;)
    I agree about the sitting and chatting thing. My head feels all cleared up too after talking with my BFF. But that's what they're there for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u Shabana :)
    Well, I'm a coffee drinker so that's y the post focuses on them.
    I know these places are meant for that but everyone has their own reasons to be there. All that's mentioned in the post is based on my observation and views :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. superlike ;) nicely written.. n i wonder who's this cupcake babe :D

    ReplyDelete